Fluoride Treatment Near You
If our dentist tells you your child has a cavity and they are not in severe pain, silver diamine fluoride may be a nice, conservative option! Silver Diamine Fluoride arrests cavities so they do not get bigger. It buys time until children are more cooperative for treatment. Bumble Kids is happy to offer Silver Diamine Fluoride treatment in Westfield!
What is Silver Diamine Fluoride?
Silver Diamine Fluoride is a liquid applied to the tooth to help arrest cavities/stop cavities from growing. The fluoride ions help remineralize the tooth while the silver ions are antimicrobial, killing the bacteria involved in tooth decay. The tooth is dried and the liquid is applied for one minute. There are no drills or numbing required! For maximum effectiveness 2-3 applications is recommended.
Why Choose Silver Diamine Fluoride Treatment?
- Anxious or “Pre-Cooperative” Child
- Less invasive, simple, and painless procedure
- Reduces the tooth-decay causing bacteria
- The Child becomes uncooperative during a dental procedure
Drawback to Silver Diamine Fluoride?
- Metallic taste
- Stains the tooth black. We offer cosmetic procedures such as crowns and fillings to replace the staining once your child is a bit older and more willing to undergo dental treatments.
Interested in Receiving Silver Diamine Fluoride Treatment in Westfield?
If you’re looking for a safe, quick, non-invasive method to treat small cavities, silver diamine fluoride may be the answer for your child. If you have any questions or concerns about whether this treatment is right for your child, please feel free to contact us. We are happy to discuss any oral health concerns with you.